My sister tagged anyone who reads her blog to write 6 things about them that other people may not know about them. This was a little hard to come up with 6 things; either because I am an open book and everyone knows everything about me or nothing I do can be considered weird...um, that is certainly not it! Here we go:
1. Along the same lines as my sister, I saw the movie, "Candyman" for the first time 13 years ago and ever since seeing that movie, I can't walk into a bathroom without turning the light one first. At first I had to do this because I was so scared from the movie but now I have been doing it so long that it is just habit and it is weird for me to go into a bathroom and not reach my hand around first to turn on the light and than walk in.
2. I hate silence. When I am home alone, the t.v. is on or there is music playing somewhere...always! When I work on homework, a craft project, cleaning or cooking, I have to have a movie playing or have my iPod on. I don't even know what is going on in the movie or what songs I am listening to half the time but it is a comfort to have the background noise.
3. When I was 2 years old I was hit by a car while riding around on my big wheel and had to have stitches on my left elbow. I still have the scar if you ever want to see it.
4. One of my favorite things to do at restaurants while I am waiting for a table is look at the other couples and try to figure out which couples are on a first date. If you actually watch, you can totally spot them, it gets pretty funny how awkward some get...good times for all I promise.
5. I am afraid of laundry mats. I haven't really ever spent time in one but I make Ty go if we have to get anything that is big and bulky cleaned. They freak me out and I get really anxious if I think about having to go in one.
6. This one may surprise my mom and dad but in the third grade I was playing at my friend's house and we noticed down her street that there was some wet cement and so with sticks in hand we wrote and drew all over what we thought was our own personal canvas. While we were writing our names and the names of our family and friends and the boys we had crushes on, the cement guys drove by and we totally got busted. They did a good job scolding us and telling us that what we did was really bad. They said they were going to be calling our parents so when I got home that night, I jumped whenever the phone rang and would not leave my room because I was so afraid of my parents finding out. They never did call, thanks goodness! The stupid thing is, we wrote our first and last names in the cement, its not like that information wouldn't have ratted us out even if we didn't get caught. What silly girls we were! I figure with 20 years under my belt, I am safe to share that story and not get in trouble now.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
What a Weirdo!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
2:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
that's a good list. that's funny about the cement writing. maybe a list we could do is things mom and dad never knew we did growing up. :)
You are funny! I feel the same way about laundry mats...but didn't feel that way on my mission.
I agree with Jamie, the list of things your parents didn't know you did would be awesome!
Yes, I would love to see all of our children's lists
Oh and about not getting into trouble for doing something naughty 20 years ago?.......... be prepared........you're grounded at Thanksgiving when you come to Louisville!!! Oops.......maybe not.......come to think about it, my own list is quite long. So, at Thanksgiving, we'll share and laugh instead.
Post a Comment