
We had a fun weekend and found a perk to living in Yuma. Friday I didn't want to cook and Ty didn't really want to be in Yuma so we decided that we were in the mood for some Mexican food, and we are talking REAL Mexican food. So we got in the car and a half hour later, we were south of the border in Mexico and looking for some Real Mexican food. Luckily, one of the guys that Ty works with told him of a really good place to eat and how to get there and so we knew exactly where we were going. It is pretty amazing to see how different the buildings and scenery change once your cross the border, I actually have never really noticed until Ty started pointing out things from a general contractors perspective...like the differences in building codes, the electrical wires hanging across the stress...but we found the restaurant and it was so yummy! We walked around the neighborhood for a little bit and than went to wait in line for another half hour to cross back into the United States. The customs agent was asking all sorts of questions and that it was so odd that we came all this way for dinner but was very impressed when we told him where we ate. All in all, it was tons of fun and I think we will be making a habit of this...at least until they require passports and than we will have to re-think where we will go for Mexican food. So, if anyone wants to come and visit, we know where we can go for dinner!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Our weekend!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
That is cool. I feel bad that I haven't been in Mexico yet, and I've lived so close for three years now!
I'm glad that your dinner trip went well. I've eaten "authentic" Mexican food in Mexico before and didn't find it to my liking. Too much Taco Bell I think. :)
Good of you guys. What a great night!
I love Taco Bell!
I love Taco Bell! But a good authentic Mexican meal is a good substitute. Kentucky lacks in that area.
Post a Comment