Thursday, October 11, 2007

I have crossed over!

So, many of you know that I am probably the last person in America and probably Britain to fall in love with the t.v. show, The Office.

I know...GASP!!! That is the sound that usually comes out of people's mouth when I tell them that I don't like The Office. Let me explain, I love the show Seinfield, I mean that is some good stuff; an entire show about nothing, that's hilarious! Well, as much as I love the show, I can't stand George Castanza. He would drive me nuts, it hurt to watch him. Well, in my mind, The Office was like watching an entire show about George...GAG!!!

Believe I have had good friends try to show me the light and share with me their enthusiasm for Michael, Pam, Jim, Dwight and the others but I couldn't get past Michael and how painful he is to be around. I mean the whole "Racism in the office" episode, that hurt.
But than I watched the episode where they have The Office Olympics, that got a few laughs out of me. But the real kicker, I watched the season premier for this season and...HOLY COW, I WAS DYING! I can see it now, I can see why people love this show. I am not completely sold yet...Michael is still painfully awkward but I laughed a lot because of it! So to everyone who has been trying to get me to join the club, I think I am there. I need a few more episodes to really see if this is a true cross over and not just a fleeting moment, but I think I am ready to join the Dunder Mifflin band wagon, and as long as Pam and Jim keep being the cutest couple on the planet, I think I am sold!

8 comments:

Angela said...

I thought tonight's episode was pretty funny, or at least had a lot of moments that we worth watching. This show is hit and miss with me, but I still watch it if I remember. I think I like Dwight the best.. he is pretty funny (especially tonight).

Delia D'Nell said...

Yay Jill! Welcome, welcome. I have to say that Kevin is my favorite character...he says the funniest stuff...and his facial expressions are so great!

Emily said...

im offended that you didnt like it from day one. who are you? glad your finally CTRing.

Kim said...

JILL! THE OFFICE IS THE COOLEST WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! I AM GLAD YOU CONVERTED TO IT BECAUSE YOUR LIFE WAS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT IT! I LOVE AND MISS YA!! :)

jamie said...

didn't you LOVE this week's?! It's my favorite show by far! I love your comparison of Michael and George. You're dead on, except the thing that makes Michael better is that he really does have a good heart. His execution is lacking though, painfully lacking! I'm glad you're hooked. It's too much fun! "now that jim is taken. Guess who just became the best looking single guy in the office?" Classic!

Stacey said...

welcome to the club! Glad you finally saw the light :) hee hee. you have to rent some episodes now because some of the best ones are in the past!

Jill Manning said...

I'll take any recommendations...I am going to Netflix them.

The MacMizzles said...

Jill, Jill, Jill, the Office is fantastic...I am so glad that you are getting into it. Tell me you didn't laugh so hard when Jan was face down in the bed! He HE HE